Saturday, October 2, 2010

shaping up to be a lonely day

Obviously I live on my own, but the past little while has made me feel more ON MY OWN that previously. The funeral for the lady who passed away was yesterday, and I've never been to a funeral on my own before. I've had to do a lot of creative problem solving in my classes. I figured out that my brain doesn't like watching 12 episodes of The Office in a row (there was no one to tell me to go to bed). I decide if and when I clean and/or vacuum my apartment. Nobody else is paying attention to whether or not my milk is expired. On Thursday I got run down by sinuses, and this morning I went to the clinic and did the medication/juice purchase by myself. I ate rice for breakfast, and lemon pudding for dinner, because I'm sick and that's what I felt like. I watched Away We Go tonight, which is a movie about finding home, and it made me feel really lonely because right now when I'm at home I'm by myself.

I don't know when this piece of elastic found its way to my floor, but every time I see it I have a baby heart attack because I think it's a centipede. Naturally, I took a picture of it for you instead of picking it up.


I guess from this angle you can see the fuzz on the end, which clearly defines it as not a centipede. But if you look at it from above, and really quickly, I bet you'll agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment