Sunday, June 5, 2011

foot of the bed is another world entirely

I cleaned my room today. For probably a good month, whenever I'd be done wearing something I'd just step out of it and leave it on the floor. Often when it came time to wear that thing again, I'd pull all the clothes out of my drawers looking for it until I found it in a heap where I left it previously, and then I could just re-step into it and pull it back up. I think that would be a pretty fantastic system if I had more floorspace than I do presently and also if nothing ever became wrinkly.

Anyway, as I was picking up every single item of clothing I own off the floor, I pinpointed the reason for the state of things. Charlie, my beloved dog, sleeps in a crate perched on a bedside table that sits right beside my bed. Like, picture my room thusly: there is a wall. Beside the wall is my bed. Beside my bed is my dresser. In front of my dresser and also beside my bed, like around where my face goes when I'm in bed, is my bedside table with Charlie on top. Right?

Okay. So today I was like, "Whoa. There is a bedside table in front of my dresser. That is fully why I leave all my clothes in little piles all over the floor." So I had a brilliant idea. How about I move the bedside table to the foot of my bed? Where it is no longer in the way? I was so excited about this.

But you guys. Charlie is not excited about this. He doesn't like being at the foot of my bed, I think because he can't stare at my face while he's falling asleep. All of his little breaths come out in tiny whines. Normally I like to have a quilt all bunched around my feet, but I put that on the floor because it obstructed his view of me.

I think it's going to interfere with me falling asleep, but it's kind of difficult to get upset with something that's sad because he can't gaze at you as he goes to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment