Friday, September 16, 2011

with my superhuman might

Yesterday while driving I thought about superpowers. My pre-existing super power is my sense of smell. If there is a smell to be smelled anywhere in the vicinity, I will smell it. (Some people have commented that perhaps I have an imaginary sense of smell, that smells all the imaginary smells that aren't actually there to be smelled, but that's a minor and untrue detail.) My super power that will develop after I'm struck by lightning is being able to eavesdrop without staring intently at the person I am eavesdropping on. That will make me less detectable than I am presently.

My outfit will naturally be a purple dress with shorts underneath, in case I need to kick someone in the face or jump off a building, plus stylish but sensible flats, a mask, and a cape! To help you visualize, I found the dress I am going to wear and pasted my head onto it.

obviously only the head belongs to me.

My super weakness is a crippling shyness in most social situations. I will come undone if a villain tries to engage me in small talk, which renders me almost useless in any scenario in which the villain can make conversation. However, I can be revived by the wind - standing outside on a windy day, or driving really fast with the windows rolled down. Things like that. If I have a sidekick, one of his or her duties will be to carry a wind-machine with us always. You know, like they use in photoshoots?

Anyway, those were my thoughts. What are your superpowers?

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!!! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH, I was about to write a blog about my insane sense of smell! NO way! Also, I will be your sidekick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katelyn, I appreciate the offer, but I regretfully decline: we all know you'd turn into a villain eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting fact: my roommate was born without the ability to smell. it's a crazy thought.

    ReplyDelete