Friday, December 17, 2010

losing your eye was your own fault. now what do you want.

Yesterday a friend and I went out for sushi and then watched White Christmas, which I had never seen fully up until this point but had always seen bits on t.v. and thought it was super boring. Turns out that when you watch the whole thing at once it's not boring at all, but is actually quite wonderful. When it got near to the end, I predicted that it was going to snow and they were going to kiss, and I was totally right. I'm smart about movies like that.

Speaking of movies, while my friend and I were waiting for our sushi we went to the movie store because they were having a buy 2 get 1 free sale, and I went a little bit crazy for $5 movies. This is what I bought:
- Penelope
- Corpse Bride
- America's Sweethearts
- Big Fish
- Royal Tenenbaums
- Igor
- Charlie Bartlett
- Nicholas Nickelby
- Elf
- Shrek the Halls
- Ever After
- Danny Deckchair

I'd never seen Charlie Bartlett or Igor, but it cost less to buy then than to rent them, and I watched them both today. (We had early dismissal at school, so I was a little bit bored.) I liked the former and disliked the latter. Also, two Christmas movies because as a teacher I think it's important that I build up my Christmas movie collection for early dismissal days before Christmas break.

On Sunday I'm driving home for two weeks, so I'm supposed to pack tomorrow. I started today, on account of being bored, and I discovered it's hard to pack for two weeks. I wish to put my tiny apartment in a box and bring everything with me. At least I'm taking the car, so I have space for the Christmas tree and half my wardrobe.

This is what I'm excited about:
- being back at home for more than one and a half days
- seeing my dog
- seeing everybody I know and miss!
- taking a break from wrangling hooligans all day

I'm going to miss the wind, though. Campbell River has spectacular wind.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh wind does sound delightful!! I'm excited you'll be home!! FRENCH TOAST!!! Mmmm... maybe some nachos too!

    ReplyDelete