Monday, August 29, 2011

the shine of which has caught my eye

Perils of a Car With a Decent Sound System:

1. Penchant for tardiness.
Blah blah blah we all hate when a good song comes on as we arrive at our destination. Fact: I have solved this problem. Bypass that driveway and keep on a-goin' until it's over. Additional unnecessary driving may be required if good songs keep coming on. On a really good music day I'll just drive around forever instead of going where I meant to.

2. Siren? What siren?
I have air-conditioning, which is related to this topic in the way that I now can roll up my windows and sing really loudly. I'm not 100% certain that people on the outside of my car can't hear me belting it out on the inside, but oh well. I zoom past them anyhow. You know what's a really good song to sing along to inside of a car? "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional. Do you remember that song? It was one on of my old cd's that I found. LOVE SINGING ALONG WITH IT. Anyway. I can't hear the sirens over the sound of my fantastic singing.

3. Suddenly: rudeness.
Sometimes a/c can't compare with the wind blowing through your hair, so sometimes I roll down my windows. My music is still loud at this point, but I don't really sing along because I have SOME modesty. Before this car, when I arrived at a stop light I would turn down my music. You know, because who likes to be stuck next to the jerk with bad taste in music who keeps his/her stereo on maximum volume, forcing those around to listen to the same music? Well, now I'm that jerk. Except I have good taste in music.

1 comment: