Friday, August 5, 2011

which sounds scandalous but is not

Next week I am making a pilgrimage to the book-lover's Mecca: Powell's City of Books in Portland. SO MANY BOOKS. SO EXCITING. My family is going to drop me off and go do other things, and then pick me up with all my new old books. This is what I am going to buy.

Books for Personal Use
- all the Georgette Heyer books that I don't already have
- Indiscretion by Jude Morgan, which sounds scandalous but is not
- Soulless by Gail Carriger
- The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
- possibly books by Patricia Wentworth and Ngaio Marsh, which were recommended as good mysteries but are not available from my stupid library
- anything by Edward Gorey, if I can find it
- The Marriage of True Minds by Stephen Evans 

Books to Further My Knowledge
- Substitute Teacher Handbook K-12 - Geoffrey G. Smith, Glenn Latham, Max L. Longhurst, Michelle Ditlevsen
- How to Build a Fire: And Other Handy Things Your Grandfather Knew by Erin Bried
- How to Sew a Button: And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew also by Erin Bried
- You Are One-Third Daffodil by Tom Nuttall

Books to Bring When Teaching
- The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Olliver Jeffers 
- Strange But True Stories by Janice Greene 
- I’m in Charge of Celebrations by Byrd Baylor 
- S is for Story: A Writer's Alphabet by Esther Hershenhorn
- Pop!: The Invention of Bubble Gum by Meghan McCarthy 
- Nouns and Verbs Have a Field Day by Robin Pulver

Are there any books I should add?

1 comment:

  1. wowzers - that's quite a list!

    what on earth is "you are one-third daffodil" about? very intriguing title...

    ReplyDelete