Sunday, August 1, 2010

adventures in eye infections, part infinity

I exaggerate: it is actually only part three. But it FEELS like part infinity. Yesterday I looked in the mirror and stared into the eyes of ol' Crusty McBloodshot; instead of panicking because I looked like a zombie, my reaction was more like: "siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh." I've already dealt with this twice in a month, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM. I went to the eye doctor a week or so ago, and she did not foresee this, which I think she should have, considering how long I was there and how much it cost. Friends convinced me that it was only allergies, because in Round One my doctor told me it could be borne of allergies, but this morning my eyes were sealed shut and I knew I had to accept my fate and drive over to the stupid walk in clinic.

Neither the nurse nor the doctor even really inspected me. The nurse asked what I was in for, and I said, "I think I have eye infections," and she squinted at me and said, "Yes you do. The doctor is not in yet, but you'll be the first one she sees." Then the doctor came in and barely looked at me and told me I had eye infections and wrote me a prescription. (I didn't think I looked THAT bad, but apparently I was mistaken.) I asked her what was the cause of all this, and she said, "You've been to so many doctors and you don't know what the cause is? The cause is eye infection." I did not find that helpful. To be on the safe side, I bought all new hypo-allergenic eye make-up and threw away all my other miscellaneous eye make-up. That was a sad moment because make-up is really expensive and I blew all my money on furniture and an apartment.

Also, now I can TASTE my eye drops. Is that normal? Maybe instead of asking you I will call the pharmacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment