Monday, August 9, 2010

we all look like we feel

Obviously, even though my mother told me to go to bed an hour ago, I am still not asleep. I don't know what I'm going to do when I move away and there is no one to tell me to go to bed. (You guys! Send me emails late at night telling me to go to bed. Then we can stay connected and I will go to bed.)

A tiny bug just crawled across my mousepad, and I am SO PROUD of myself for not slamming my laptop shut and squishing guts everywhere, because I can't afford a new computer right now and I would not be able to use it again after that. On a semi-related note, I read on the internet tonight that even though everyone has heard the statistic about how many spiders you eat while you are sleeping, it's totally not true. Spiders are too smart to be eaten. I am glad to hear this, although the thought of smart spiders makes me uncomfortable. Like that one Three Stooges movie where they go to space for some reason and the first thing they find is this GIANT SPIDER who chases them. Even with poor CGI it's frightening. This is not what I should be thinking of when I am supposed to be asleep.

I am on a never-ending quest for the best songs, and this randomly recently led me to Dashboard Confessional. Remember, from a million years ago? (Band, or just one dude? I'm pretty sure it's just one dude, but I am thrown off by the band name. Side note: he looks nothing like I had pictured.) In the song "Stolen" he says "you are the best one of the best ones," and I think that is the most romantic thing I have ever heard.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... spiders. Guess I'll have to find somewhere else to eat them since it's not happening in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete