Tuesday, March 15, 2011

tuesday musings

- Sometimes I like to be ensconced in tiny places; sometimes I like to be standing in the middle of a wide open space with the wind blowing around me. Today I'm snuggled in my bowl chair with my hood on, even though it's oddly sunny outside for this time of day.

- Today in Math class a student was looking at me strangely. "What are you doing with your face?" I asked him. "What?" he said. "It's my thinking face." I'd never seen it before.

- I'm catching on to their shenanigans. A student asked me if I knew the difference between a Roman helmet and a Greek helmet. I don't. Figuring this was something to do with the Greek project due today, I said, "Of course I know the difference." "Shoot," he said, thinking he could pull the wool over my eyes with an improper helmet. He totally could have.

- I don't drink enough water. I chalk this up to laziness; my water bottle has a spout that's hidden by a magical button I have to press and hold every time I want to take a sip. I hate having to hold that stupid button down. Today I bought a bottle with a straw, and I've dranken half its contents already!

- Tuesdays are the worst. I feel like I've been awake for three days and fallen down the stairs twice. I did get punched in the collarbone by a grade seven student today, because I accidentally walked into the trajectory of his fist. He quaked beneath my glare, and figured it out on his own that he should be more aware of his surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment