Saturday, April 2, 2011

a heartbeat at my feet

I finally put on my grown-up pants, you guys. I have a dog who depends upon me for his every need, which sure makes a person be responsible all of a sudden. I am trying to figure out how to organize my life and his life at the same time. I go for THREE WALKS A DAY. Tomorrow I am going to buy new running shoes because after all the walking, my feet are like, "Hey, all of your shoes are crap." It's a bit overwhelming to explain how exactly my entire life has changed, but it SUPER has. Today I stuffed some cheese in a bone for him so I could take a shower. Tomorrow I'm going to sneak away to school and do all the marking I haven't done all week, because I've been rushing home to take care of my dog. Sometimes I feel like it was a mistake but sometimes I feel like his little heart and my heart are attached together now.

2 comments:

  1. A pet really changes your life! Usually for the better...until they pee somewhere they shouldn't..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post, Laura - and I think its great that you have a little heartbeat dependent on you (would LOVE to get a puppy myself, but basement suite living is not exactly conducive to puppies - le sigh)

    ReplyDelete