Friday, November 19, 2010

i don't know if i look younger or older

I got my hair cut last night! Now it swings above my shoulders. The lady was really chatty, which is something I dislike. They always make me take off my glasses and when I can't see it appears that I can't talk also. However, at the same time as I wish we could just be silent without seeming rude, I also feel pressed to make small talk. Small talk is also something I dislike. I end up asking questions like an idiot and babbling on about my life, sharing details that I'm pretty sure strangers don't care about. While I was in the chair I started noticing the inflection of my voice when I asked questions, and how it seemed strange and forced, and I wanted it to be normal! But when you focus on things like that, it's impossible to make them normal once you're thinking about them.