Wednesday, November 24, 2010

i think i'm coming in second, though

I've just finished preparing notes for my first ever parent-teacher interviews. Every year at school apparently there is a contest to see which teacher gets the most interviews, but the winner is really the loser because who wants to have the most interviews. It's not really a crown I desire to wear. Also, I wasn't told until it was nearly too late that I need to schedule in pee breaks for myself! It was actually too late for Thursday, so I have 16 interviews in a row, from 4 until 8; I got to Friday in time and was able to block of a 15 minute section of time for me to get a cup of coffee from the staff room and catch my breath.

All the cupboards in my apartment keep closing on me. At first I only noticed it in my plates cupboard, because when I was putting my dishes away I kept bumping into it with my shoulder and getting angry; recently I heard a crack when I opened my bathroom cupboard, which did something mysterious and destructive to it because whenever I open it now it tries to slam shut. We wrestle at least 3 times a day now. I have a feeling that one day I'm going to snap and rip off all the cupboard doors. Then I DEFINITELY don't get my damage deposit back.

No comments:

Post a Comment