Sunday, November 14, 2010

it's called a spider house but really it just kills them

Today I was at Home Depot with my parents to look for screens for my windows, and on the way in I pondered whether or not I should get a fire extinguisher for my apartment. It has built in sprinklers, you see, which are KIND OF like a bunch of tiny fire extinguishers, except for that in addition to putting out the fire they'd also wreck all my stuff. Also something weird keeps happening with the burners on my stove, so a few days ago when I was cautiously watching my stove cook my dinner I wondered what would happen if it suddenly burst into flames.

Anyway, who should be walking by at the exact same time as my ponderings but the deputy fire marshal! He turns around and goes, "Um, yes. I am the deputy fire marshal." So I bought a fire extinguisher, if only to humour that bizarre coincidence. I also bought some duct tape, and clear duct tape, and a roll of screen to duct tape to my window (because hey, did you know that they don't sell actual screens for actual windows anymore? You have to buy all the pieces and assemble it yourself. I have neither the time nor the skill set to do such things, so my mom and I duct taped some screen to my window. It works perfectly fine.), and some houses to trap spiders in, and some clips to hang twinkle-lights up around my window. The people at Home Depot in Campbell River are SO HELPFUL. Every time my mom and I stopped for a second, somebody in an orange apron appeared out of nowhere and asked us if we needed help.

Anyway, after we left my mom realized that the deputy fire marshal who happened by and told me to buy a fire extinguisher was also the guy who showed her two different places for me to live in when she was looking back in August! Except they were kind of dingy, and also two-levels, which I am not interested in. I don't want all the monsters to be able to hide on the bottom floor when I am sleeping on the top floor, and also the opposite of that.

Anyway. I just thought that was super random. You probably know that guy, too. I think he is coincidentally related somehow to everybody who ever existed.