Monday, May 17, 2010

Feel the Waltz, Feel the Waltz

I spent the whole morning cleaning my room. This included vacuuming, which is something I have not done in a long time. Surprisingly good exercise, that vacuuming. Especially when you are vacuuming to get rid of potential insects that may or may not be leaving bites on your legs in the middle of the night. (This is one of the things I am most afraid of and grossed out by. I didn't find any actual bugs, and my bites might be a result of all the time I've been spending outside, but still. I just want to make sure.)

Somehow it happened that I am going camping this weekend. I haven't been camping in about five years, and that time I did it all wrong. I went for too many days, slept in a van with someone who snored, and didn't bring enough books. This time I'm going to be more prepared. Things I am worried about: rain, not being able to sleep, getting eaten by a bear, being left alone at camp while everyone else goes hiking. Things I am looking forward to: reading, campfire, old friends. I think that by the time Friday comes, I will have changed my mind about going several times, because I'm not obligated to go; however, I am starting to see it as a challenge to myself. Last week I went to a concert, this week I am going camping. Next week I might do something even more crazy, like use the kayak that's been sitting in my garage for a month. Who knows.

1 comment:

  1. i hope you don't get eaten by a bear. but i do hope you go because i think that's one of those things that you realize was fantastic after you have the experience. so hopefully this will be so in your case. :)

    ReplyDelete