Friday, May 14, 2010

Mr. Sunshine in the Afternoon

There is an influx of produce in my house suddenly. I ate a bunch of fruit on my deck in shorts in the sunshine with sunscreen on, so I definitely feel like it is summer. If only summer would remain at this temperature, I would be a happy clam. However, due to our penchant for destroying the world in the form of global warming, probably it will be 45 degrees for most of August, with a chance of snow in late July. Also it is supposed to rain next week, which is upsetting because I feel cheerful again, and I'm pretty sure it's because of the sun. I will leave a bunch of jars out this evening, catch the essence of summer, and then inhale it in moments of rainy desperation. I'm sure that plan will be a success.

Also, the kids at work are nuts. In a hilarious sort of way.

"Snakes can't eat ice cream! They don't have hands!"

"When we play hangman, who are we hanging?"

"Didn't you say you were doing something exciting today?"
"No, that was just a contract with my lover that I invented in 1901."

"I'm not going to become a teenager - I'm Catholic."

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha.. those quotes made me laugh!! I Love the one about the kid not becoming a teenager because they're Catholic! so funny. thanks for the laugh this morning!

    Sad for the rain on your behalf, but maybe next week when it rains, you can grab your rainboots and come over and we can go puddle jumping together. :)

    ReplyDelete