Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Like a Spell From the Devil

I broke out the shorts today, guys. And you know it has to be a heat wave for me to bust these things out of the closet, thanks to my unfortunate knees. (Although a kind friend once told me that nobody has nice knees. I couldn't really comment on that, since I don't especially notice the knees of others; perhaps that means nobody notices mine?? One can dream.) A memo came out at work today mentioning no visible undergarments (I guess I have to take my see-through blouse/neon bra combo out of circulation) and NO FLIP FLOPS. Which, I guess, is apt for a workplace, but come on. I'm sitting down the entire time. Nobody is looking at my feet. It's too stinking hot to shove my feet into shoes.

I think Vancouverites have a bad rap for being all "wah it's too cold" when it drops below 20 and "wah it's too hot" when it gets above 24, but I can assuredly say that never have I ever complained about how cold it is. I revel in the cold. Thusly I feel entitled to complain about this stupid heat. I'M WEARING SHORTS.

My brother offered to grill me a steak tonight, and I turned him down in favour of toast and a smoothie, because it's too hot to eat anything that's been on a grill. I concocted this recipe, and I can't tell if it's good or disgusting and I'm just so desperate for something cool that I will drink anything.

(Sidenote: I just got super deja vu from typing that last paragraph. Strange.)

Here it is for you to try:

2 cups of water (I estimated)
1/2 cup of milk (I did a big splash)
handful of frozen strawberries (or other kind of berry)
splash of lime margarita mix
2 tbsp or so of sugar (I just dumped some in)

And blend. I know the water/milk thing seems gross, right? Someone may tell me that all I've done is add milk to a virgin margarita, and I wouldn't argue with that person. I just thought I was being clever adding margarita mix to a strawberry smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment