Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tired Out My Knees Down to the Bone

I just returned home from another trek to Campbell River, my soon-to-be-home. I was finally able to meet with the teacher I'm filling in for and get his materials, which prompted a middle of the night freak out: what am I doing? Who in their right mind hired me for this job? Why did they think I could plan these courses I've never taught before? How am I going to teach Math 9 when I don't even know how to use a graphing calculator? What am I going to do with myself in a town that only has 2 Starbuckses? (Although, on that last point, I don't even really like Starbucks anymore, and have made the transition back to Tim Hortons - of which there is one. Also, in theory I will be so busy staying ahead of the kids in Math that I won't have time to leave my apartment. Plus it's not like you'll find me club-hopping on a typical Friday night.)

Mom and I stayed with a family friend and her daughter, and I spent much of the weekend playing "I Spy" and making fairy clothing out of leaves. While that is fun in moderation (who doesn't love a good game of "I Spy"), I am super exhausted. I was literally in bed last night at 8:00pm. And right now I'm about to have a forbidden afternoon cup of coffee to keep me awake during the movie my family is going to for my mom's birthday. (Knight and Day, finally something not in 3D. I've heard it's terrible, and I'm not really fond of Tom Crazy McCrazerson Cruise, but I'm kind of looking forward to it! Naturally I will share my thoughts with you afterwards.)

Now I'm looking for apartments and my eye infection came back. I was so diligent about not wearing make-up and using those stupid drops, and my eyes were perfectly normal for a day, but this morning they were sealed shut again. Boo. But I'm going to sneak candy into the theatre! (Not that that's related in any way, or that they even bother to check anymore. I remember the old days, when they'd check your purse for contraband. Now, even if I'm wearing a giant bag with candy sticking out, they don't seem to care. It kind of takes the excitement out of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment