Wednesday, July 21, 2010

actually i'm quite fastidious

I've been drinking water like a fish lately. (Wait. I've heard that expression before, but now that I used it I'm not sure it's correct. Do fish actually drink water, or just live in it? Puzzle.) Usually I drink 1/25 the amount of water a normal person is supposed to drink, and when I drink like I am supposed to I can actually feel it hydrating my brain. I don't know why I am so stupid about drinking water. But I have been recently, and it seems like the more I drink, the thirstier I am. Is that because my body has finally gotten a taste of what it's like to be hydrated, and now it's demanding to be always thus? Or maybe I have some sort of fish-disease. Like that man in Big Fish, who gets so dried out that he has to sit in the tub with all his clothes on.

I am trying to print something, and also download some songs on itunes, and both of those require my stupid old computer. I thought that by accepting how long it was going to take ahead of time, I would be less angry with all the waiting and waiting, but it didn't work. Plus, randomly that itunes decided to reject my ipod, so I finally gave in and "transferred purchases" to the new computer with the new itunes. I've been worried to do that, because I didn't know exactly what would happen. But it's all okay! Except that it deleted all the songs I had copied from my cds, so I have to do that again.

Fascinating, right? But the reason I wanted itunes is because of this guy. It all stems back to when I watched Stranger Than Fiction, and Will Ferrell was playing that acoustic version of "Whole Wide World," and I LOVED it, but could only find the original version from Wreckless Eric. Which is also a good version, but I really liked the slow version. That was several years ago, and then a couple days ago I heard this lovely acoustic version of that song coming from the office, and I yelled to my brother, "WHO IS SINGING THAT WONDERFUL SONG?" and he sent me the link to that guy. So now I finally have an acoustic version of "Whole Wide World," and also some other great songs by him. He sounds a little bit like M. Ward, in my opinion, who is another great musician.

Anyway. Now I'm off to the eye doctor, because I think I need new glasses because I have the eyeballs of an old person.

No comments:

Post a Comment