Tuesday, February 1, 2011

civil war on my foot

Some dude in a pick-up truck has been parking in my spot. The first day when I came home from work I stopped in the middle of the road without even making sure there was nobody behind me, because I was so surprised. He remained there for two days, and at that point I called the guy in charge of the building. "Uh," I said (because I always get really awkward when talking to the guy in charge of the building), "there's been a truck in my spot for two days." I hastened to add that I met some guy by the mailbox who was new, and I thought it might be him, and he just didn't know about the spots, because I didn't want him to get towed.

(Interesting side note: I am the worst at meeting new people unexpectedly. The guy said, "Hi, I'm new." I said, "Hi! What floor are you on?" He said, "Third." I said, "Oh, I'm on the second. Well, nice to meet you!" Like, seriously, of all the things to ask a new person, I inquired as to what FLOOR he lived on? And then I think I came off like he wasn't as cool as me, because he lived on the lame third floor. I'm so terrible at people.)

Anyway, so the guy in charge of the building said he would take care of it the next day, which was Sunday, but yesterday he still didn't do anything about it. Today when I came home from work, the truck was gone, but it was GONE gone, not moved. So I parked in my spot, because it's MY SPOT, and I made sure my parking pass was displayed visibly for all to see; nevertheless, I am still worried the pick-up truck guy is a jerk and will crash into and/or key my vehicle because he thinks it's his spot.

On another note, the baby toe on my right foot is experiencing some civil conflict. The right half of the toenail would like to exit the foot, but the left half has decided to stay. The right half is catching on everything in an attempt to aid its escape. Since my baby toenails are tiny and I don't even know what job they do, I tried to help it by cutting the right half off with nail clippers. Instead of being grateful, however, the little leftover bit on the right side has become invisible so I can't see it to cut it, but it's STILL catching on things. I think what I might need to do is drop a hammer on my toe, and then the nail will FALL off and the left half and I can go on with our merry lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment