Sunday, February 27, 2011

now if only i could put vegetables in my stomach instead of the garbage

I was all gung-ho about my grown-up weekend, until I started imagining the recap I would post here, and now I'm not so sure. About a week ago I got a new book from Chapters, but for a while I've only had an internet-attention span, so I didn't start reading it until Friday night. A million times I have learned the lesson to NEVER START A BOOK AT BED-TIME, but a million times I forget so I started the book at bed-time. I read until like 2am, thinking to myself, "This would be a really good Saturday activity. Put the book down and go to bed," but I couldn't. It was a really big book and I managed to tear myself away about halfway through.

Then on Saturday morning, which I usually look forward to because I can sleep in however long I want, I woke up at 8:30 and was very excited about reading my book. "The book is not going anywhere," I told myself, "go back to sleep." But I couldn't. So I got up and finished my book. Then I went and chopped all my hair off again, and did a bunch of errands, and went on a quest for a good slurpee. While I was getting my hair cut I was consumed with desire for a slurpee, even though it had been snowing all day. I tried TWO different cream soda slurpees and two different locations, and they both tasted like soap. :( Then I went back to my apartment and had a nap until 5, and then I went to a friend's house for dinner. Then before I went to bed I cleaned up my stupid room, because I couldn't find the shirt I wanted to wear today under all the clothes I'd piled on my floor. I finally threw away the wrapper that has been on my floor for a month, getting stuck to my foot EVERY STINKING DAY.

This morning I ironed my shirt that I found on the floor, and then when I came home from church I put away all my groceries from yesterday and put lasagna in my crock pot for meals this week, and now I'm about to mark students' stories from like two weeks ago that I keep putting off.

When I recount it all at once, it doesn't sound very grown-up at all. Doing a bunch of errands always makes me feel productive, and also I ironed this morning, so I think that's it. And I threw away that wrapper. Maybe I've got one leg into my grown-up pants.

2 comments:

  1. oh Laura, I totally know what you mean re: the wrapper! And I want to see what this new haircut looks like - you can't just dangle that kind of thing in front of us!

    Sounds like a pretty grown-up life to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANNA SEE PHOTOS OF THE HAIR.

    And dude, the fact that there are no good slurpee's is devestating.

    ReplyDelete