Sunday, September 19, 2010

it slithers in the wild

One of my fears about living on my own is that I have a stupid imagination, and imagine all sorts of terrible things while I am lying in bed trying to sleep. It's less scary when there is someone else in the house, but when I am on my own who is there to protect me from the monsters? Case in point: yesterday, for some reason, I watched a promo on the internet for this show about zombies. There was one scene where zombie fingers were trying to pry open a door, and another with a creepy gliding zombie child, and another where a man had a picture of his wife beside his window, and a rifle aimed outside at the zombies coming towards him, and he wiped tears off his face, and they didn't show it but I KNEW one of the zombies he'd have to shoot was his wife and that part wasn't scary, it just broke my heart. I hope that if I get married, my husband never turns into a zombie and I never have to shoot him because I don't think I could ever be emotionally ready for that.

Anyway, so lying in my bed last night with my screen-less window partially open for fresh air and earplugs in to block out the stupid music that keeps going throughout the night, I imagined all sorts of zombie things happening in my room. I had my eyes squeezed shut and kept thinking to myself that I am such an idiot, why did I watch that promo? It's not like it was SURPRISE ZOMBIES! The show is called The Walking Dead or something like that, so it was pretty obvious that there was going to be zombies. I don't even believe in zombies, but in the middle of the night the logical part of my brain is not exactly the most active.

Basically what I am saying is that I would like one of you to come and visit me, and bring a rifle so you can protect me from the zombies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad i'm not the only one whose logical part of their brain turns off when trying to fall asleep in a house by yourself. So I understand because I have lost much sleep over such things and when I come visit I will definitely bring my rifle.

    ReplyDelete