Saturday, September 18, 2010

how woozy my eyes

I woke up this morning with a migraine. Probably this resulted from my unfortunate decision to watch 12 episodes of The Office last night because I was tired and didn't feel like doing anything else. Two previous times when I've had migraines I've discovered that distraction tactics work really well - if I just lie in bed all I'm thinking about it my brain and how much it hurts, but if I do other stuff then I don't notice it or focus on it, and it goes away faster. This morning all I had to distract myself with was cleaning my filthy apartment and doing a plethora of dishes; then I could only read. That didn't last very long, because then I fell asleep, and woke up at 1:30! In the afternoon! Sleeping away the entire day. At least the migraine was mostly gone, so I went to Save-On because I'd run out of food.

While at Save-On, I realized I will never say a bad thing about buggies again. I had a million things to get, but couldn't find a quarter anywhere, so I had to use one of those little baskets. That got uncomfortable really fast, and I ended up with a full basket, plus two hands full of yogurt, eggs, butter, and ear plugs. I gazed longingly at all the people with buggies. I have now realized the worth of such an unwieldy machine.

Also, I've left two little tooth-paste bleach stains on my carpet, just as I feared. However, the person before me left cigarette burns in the same carpet, so I think I'll be okay.

1 comment:

  1. You should stop throwing toothpaste all over your place... and yes i agree buggies are wonderful. Sometimes i take the basket because then i think i will buy less.. then i just look like an idiot carrying stacks of groceries along my basket. Now I keep a quarter in my vehicle.

    ReplyDelete