Thursday, September 9, 2010

takes an ocean not to break

Today was a crying day. I only actually shed a tear on two occasions, but I definitely choked up way more times than that. I don't know why - maybe because I think I'm getting sick, or maybe because I wanted to finish my book last night so I stayed up until midnight. Someone needs to come visit me and take all my books away. I almost cried at the end of the day, because it was stressful and awful, and then again when the janitor told me that he'd heard one of my students telling their parents how much they loved having me as their teacher, and then again for some reason when two fire trucks went by me on the street, and when I heard on the radio about a boil water advisory for the Comox Valley. I cried for real when I was watching a documentary about Canadian comedy and the section about John Candy reminded me about my brother and how much I miss my family, and then when they did a section about Phil Hartman and I was sad that he and a bunch of other people from the documentary are dead. This is what I think: I need to stop watching documentaries about comedy because they are sad instead of funny, and I should probably go to bed right now because apparently I am not getting enough sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment