Wednesday, January 12, 2011

i outsmarted myself and i don't even mind

Today was a snow day. Not really a legit one, because an hour after I called all my students to tell them the whole thing was off, I drove to school and didn't even die. Now it's 5 degrees and the sun is shining, but it's too late to take it back!

I was very productive - I went to school and marked a bunch of stuff, because I hate marking and never want to do it after a whole day of teaching, then I went to the library, and then I came home and watched a movie. Then I noticed that my apartment is really messy, and simultaneously decided I wanted cake. So I said to myself, "I'll mix up the cake and put it in the oven, and while it's baking I'll clean my apartment!"

Everything mixed up okay, and then I started picking things up from the floor. Then my body was like, "Hey wait a minute, I'm still sick over here," and I felt light-headed. So I got some juice and sat on the couch and went on the internet, because hello, I'm sick, and a sick person can't clean an apartment. So now I have cake and I didn't even have to clean anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment