Thursday, January 13, 2011

it'll take me at least a week to dig up all my dolls from the cemetary

All within the past two hours I guzzled down a giant cup of juice, and then a giant cup of gingerale, and then a moderately-sized cup of milk with my cake. (The milk was with my cake; the rest were independent of the cake.) And yet, I am still thirsty! I feel like the roof of my mouth is leaking saliva to quench my throat's bizarre, desperate need for moisture.

Meanwhile, I watched another musical.

10. Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) - Judy Garland, Tom Drake. This one was pretty good, except for something that was actually completely terrible. There's this one scene where the little sister comes in screaming, claiming that the boy that Judy Garland likes hit her and knocked out her tooth and caused her to get stitches. The whole family freaks out, and Judy Garland goes over to his house and punches him for attacking her little sister. But then, you guys, it turns out that the little girl was LYING, and instead he actually SAVED her after she pulled a prank that almost KILLED a bunch of PEOPLE. She gets found out, and doesn't feel bad at all, and everybody laughs about it and nobody punishes her!
      Other than this scene, I liked the movie, but I hated that scene almost so much that it completely ruined the movie. Anyway, it's about this family who lives in St. Louis when the World Fair comes, and the two oldest girls are in love (one with a boy in New York, and one with the next door neighbour), and then the dad gets transferred to New York and everyone is devastated, and then the little girl pulls a dangerous prank and tells a HORRENDOUS lie and everybody laughs, and they don't move after all.
      There were some good things, though: Judy Garland has a lovely voice, and I liked that she fell in love with the boy next door, only he didn't notice her at all, until she enacted a scheme to get him to fall in love with her back, and it totally worked. That never happens in real life! It was nice to see something I always wish to come true come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment