Monday, January 10, 2011

i'm too sick to come up with a title

8:15am -

The sun is cracking through the clouds. This is good; I was worried I'd have to stumble to the doctor's office in the dark. Usually I'm at work at this time, so I can't remember what the sky normally looks like at 8:15 in the morning. I feel like today is going to be epic and strange, and all my students and the staff are going to be all, "OMG WHERE IS SHE?????" but honestly, probably that will not happen. More likely the staff will see the TOC in staff devotions and inquire as to who she is in for, and then say, "Oh." The students will eye her as one would eye an unknown animal when they walk in the classroom, but then become accustomed to her and like her better than me. :( (That's the grade sevens, only, though. My older kids probably won't even notice it's not me.)

I'm dressed in my go-to-doctor's outfit under my covers in bed. It's cold outside.

11:00am -

I thought the clinic opened at 9, because apparently I was calling a different clinic inside a different Wal-Mart than the one I intended. I inspected the toothbrushes in the toothbrush aisle that was beside the clinic for 15 minutes and then figured out I was too early, so I drove around Campbell River for 45 minutes because I didn't want to go back to my apartment. The skies were lovely this morning, you guys. Then the doctor told me it was viral, and I just have to get over it. Then I went shopping, and this is what was in my cart:
- raspberry pop tarts
- eggs (for making lemon pudding)
- 2 cans of juice
- 1 can of soup
- a big jug to make juice in
- a new kind of tea
- honey for said tea
- echinacea

I'm eating a pop tart right now. It may have been a mistake. Just like the cheesies yesterday were a mistake also. I shouldn't be allowed to go shopping when I'm sick.

3:00pm -

I've been busy - I watched a movie, and then had a nap. I actually had a nap during the movie, and then thought I should relocate the nap to my bed, and once I was in bed I wasn't tired anymore. Then I finished my book, and if I was at work my work day would be over now, so I feel like I should do some prep for tomorrow. I mean, I definitely need to do some prep for tomorrow, because I have no idea what I'm teaching my grade eights in the morning, or what we'll do in Socials in the afternoon, so I need to do some stuff.

And thus concludes my first ever sick day as a teacher. Ta-da. (That's what I say to my students when I've finished teaching them something. It makes everything very exciting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment