Friday, June 18, 2010

Cold Water Surrounds Me Now

The hot water doesn't work in my house. That is to say, if I'm interested in anything more than a trickle I am out of luck. This happens a lot, and every time it does I think to myself, "I'm no baby. I can handle a cold shower." But truly, I am a baby, and I can't handle a cold shower. Have you ever taken a cold shower? Gasping for breath the whole time makes the effort ineffective. It reminds me of the one time I went to CreationFest, and because I didn't want to pay for hot showers I got to have a shower with a hose. A HOSE.

Anyway. Also, I received an email from my new boss (MY NEW BOSS!) saying my contract is in the mail and I should be receiving it shortly. My contract! I've never signed a contract before. I mean, a real one. I signed one at TWU, but that was about conduct, not employment. I am going to be included in staff emails and everything!

At one point, in the middle of the night a few nights ago, I thought to myself, "Have I made a huge mistake?" But only once, and only for a second. Other than that, everything seems to be working out ridiculously well. I've gotten a bunch of free stuff, because apparently you need a heck of a lot of stuff when you move out, and I'm looking at a car on Monday. Most of the time I am excited about all the stuff that's going to happen, and barely ever am I afraid of teaching Math 9.

I didn't have to go to work today so I didn't really talk to anyone all day, which I think is why I repeated myself a lot just now.