Monday, June 28, 2010

Time in a Bottle

I've been wearing my mom's old watch for a few days, and I'm getting better at looking at it! (Although I guess I can start calling it my watch now. Pretty sure my mom doesn't harbour any sort of emotional attachment to it because she left it at my grandmother's house for 30 years without noticing.) Yesterday I noticed something weird on the hour-hand, and shortly thereafter I noticed that the 1 and the 2 were missing from the watch face. Then I looked closer at the thing on the hour-hand, and discovered that it was the 1 and the 2! Just going along for a ride. Now they're both stuck around the 8, and I'm not quite sure what to do. Probably it's not an emergency, and if it costs anything more than $2 I am not paying to get it fixed. As long as none of the other numbers start falling off I should be fine, because I'm a really bad estimator and will be an hour late or early for everything if I have no actual numbers to guide me in this telling-time business.

Also, I wish I had found some other title for my last blog post because that title would have been PERFECT for this one.