Friday, June 4, 2010

"Everyone knows that books are better than life! That's why they're books! "

Last night I had a dream that a friend and I were at Powell's Books, and I was sitting on the floor reading all these books, and it was pretty much the greatest dream ever. (And also true-to-life, because that friend and I are going there some time this summer, for reals. I have some crazy psychic dream powers sometimes.) I love bookstores. Especially used ones, because the lighting is dim and the floors are creaky; it feels more like a library than a store, and I love libraries. I have started a list of all the books I want to look for, but mostly what I am excited about is walking through the aisles and being surrounded by books. (So many books. You need a map. Which you can then use as evidence at the border when they don't believe you drove to Portland for a day to see a bookstore.)