Monday, June 21, 2010

"There is no way out!" *gasp* "I'm just kidding. The door's right over there."

Yesterday the parents and I saw Toy Story 3 for Father's Day. Toy Story in 3D, mind you. And hey, guess what? Nothing came jumping out at my face. WHAT IS THE POINT OF 3D IF NOTHING COMES JUMPING OUT AT YOUR FACE. I need to write a strongly worded letter to someone about this, especially if 3D televisions actually become a thing.

Anyway. The short film at the beginning was a huge disappointment. I thought it was dumb and pointless. It was about some weird cartoon dudes who were just outlines, whose insides were daytime and nighttime. One was daytime and one was nighttime, and they fought about it, until the sun rose/set in each one and they realized they were the same or whatever, I don't know. What happened to the good shorts at the beginning of Pixar movies? Come on, Pixar. Step up your game. (Although apparently it is about racism or something, so maybe finding it the most boring thing on the planet makes me a bad person.)

I liked the actual movie, though, even though it didn't get very good reviews - maybe it wasn't as original as the first two, but I actually gasped aloud at several points, and laughed really hard at others, and it was really scary at one part! If you're debating whether or not to see it, you should go for sure. The only part I didn't like was at the end when Andy moved away; Mom started crying and I got a little emotional as well, because I too am moving. (ART REFLECTS LIFE! Oooooooooooooh.) Also I was distracted during some parts because I thought Ken was being voiced by George Clooney, but I looked it up when I got home and it turns out that it's Michael Keaton. So if you go see it, and say to yourself, "Hey, is that George Clooney?" it's not.

That's pretty much it. Not a very riveting post, guys, sorry. I'm on my way to work, and then to look at a car that I can't afford.